Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Cummins Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SMITH ASSET MANAGEMENT GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 293,039 shares, worth $23,832,862.
- COBALT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 183,230 shares, worth $14,902,096.
- LSV ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 180,000 shares, worth $14,639,400.
- EUCLID ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 177,000 shares, worth $14,395,410.
- TODD VEREDUS ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 174,520 shares, worth $14,193,712.
About the company: Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines. The Company also manufactures electric power generation systems and engine-related component products, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment, fuel systems, controls, and air handling systems.
Competitors to Watch: Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT), Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC), Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV), Briggs & Stratton Corp. (NYSE:BGG), AB Volvo (VOLVY), China Yuchai Intl. Ltd. (NYSE:CYD), PACCAR Inc (NASDAQ:PCAR), BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE:BWA), REGAL-BELOIT CORPORATION (NYSE:RBC), and Generac Holdings Inc. (NYSE:GNRC).
(Note: Data regarding Cummins Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>