Dean Foods SURGES After IPO Announcement and 4 Hot Stocks Attracting Investor Attention Now

Dean Foods Company (NYSE:DF): Wednesday, shares of Dallas-based Dean Foods Co. rose 40 percent as investors reacted to a long wish finally come true. For a while analysts have questioned the nation’s largest dairy producer about separating its fast-growing organic milk and soy milk operation, seen as a cash cow, from the unit which produces traditional milk. Following market close Tuesday, Dean announced its intentions to launch an IPO for 20 percent of its WhiteWave-Alpro unit, which makes popular brands like Horizon organic milk, Silk soy, and almond milks along with Alpro soy foods and drinks. Dean is to retain the remaining 80 percent. Shares of Dean Foods Company are trading 5.21% lower today.

Don’t Miss: Priceline: Here’s What Happens When Momentum Stocks ATTACK!

Monster Beverage Corp (NASDAQ:MNST) shares plummeted Wednesday evening after the drink maker’s quarterly profit did not meet Wall Street’s expectations, while shares of News Corp. dropped as the media company’s revenue did not reach the consensus estimate. Shares of Monster Beverage Corp are trading 7.25% lower today.

Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK) stated on Wednesday that its net income dropped 38 percent in its fiscal Q3, while it booked restructuring costs during its turnaround efforts. However, the fast food chain claims that an important sales figure is showing improvement during the current quarter, and it increased its outlook for the year. Shares of Jack in the Box Inc. are trading 0.04% higher today.

Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE:KSS) states that its Q2 gross margin performance was better than expected, and sales improved “considerably” during July. Shares of Kohl’s Corporation are trading 1.34% lower today.

Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR) shares have been boosted 114 percent in only 14 trading days, but the company has seen its shares decline over 90 percent since its 2007 debut at $25 per share. Clearwire has burned cash every year it has been public and will keep doing so into the foreseeable future. Since late July, the stock’s rally has caught a number of investors off guard and created a huge short squeeze, while rumors have circulated regarding a possible “strategic transaction.” Shares of Clearwire Corporation are trading 6.64% lower today.

Don’t Miss: Is Liberty’s New STRATEGY Enough To Claim Sirius?

Want news like this in real-time so you can get an edge? Click here for Wall St. Cheat Sheet Pro.

More from The Cheat Sheet