Denny’s: Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Denny’s Corporation (NASDAQ:DENN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Denny’s Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Haywood George Weaver: act as Director. On 09/16/2011, bought 25,000 shares, worth $90,800.
- Allen Frances L.: act as EVP & Chief Marketing Officer. On 08/09/2011, bought 4,000 shares, worth $14,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Denny’s Corporation in Q3 2011:
- BESSEMER GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,700,720 shares, worth $5,663,398.
- ASTER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,135,700 shares, worth $3,781,881.
- FIRST TRUST ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 79,974 shares, worth $266,313.
- GENERAL MOTORS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 36,716 shares, worth $122,264.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 13,599 shares, worth $45,285.
About the company: Denny’s Corp. is a full-service family restaurant chain, operating directly and through franchisees. The Company’s restaurants operate under the Denny’s name in the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, Guam, Mexico, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico.
Competitors to Watch: DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE:DIN), Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBRL), Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (NASDAQ:BOBE), Biglari Holdings Inc (NYSE:BH), Chipotle (NYSE:CMG), McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD), O’Charley’s Inc. (NASDAQ:CHUX), Famous Dave’s of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:DAVE), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI), Morton’s Restaurant Group, Inc. (NYSE:MRT), and Flanigan’s Enterprises, Inc. (AMEX:BDL).
(Note: Data regarding Denny’s Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>