Devon Energy (NYSE:DVN) reported Q3 earnings per share of $1.54, beating consensus estimates by $0.04. Revenue was $3.5 billion, an increase of 48.8% year-over-year. Revenue beat estimates by $850 million.
Following is some information on the company’s stock price performance, as well as that of some of its competitors.
- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN): The shares closed at $62.41 and have traded in a 52-week range of 450.74 to $93.56 and its market capitalization is $25.99 billion. About the company: Devon Energy Corporation is an independent energy company that is involved primarily in oil and gas exploration, development and production, the transportation of oil, gas, and NGLs and the processing of natural gas. The Company also has marketing and midstream operation primarily in North America that include gas, crude oil and NGLs.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK): The shares closed at $27 and have traded in a 52-week range of $21.10 to $35.95 and its market capitalization is $17.84 billion. About the company: Chesapeake Energy Corporation produces oil and natural gas. The Company’s operations are focused on discovering, developing and acquiring conventional and unconventional natural gas reserves onshore in the United States.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC): The shares closed at $77.37 and have traded in a 52-week range of $57.11 to $85.50 and its market capitalization is $38.53 billion. About the company: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with international operations. In the United States, the Company operates in Texas and surrounding states, the Rocky Mountain region, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, Anadarko has exploration and/or production operations in Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:OXY): The shares recently traded at $90.55 and have traded in a 52-week range of $66.36 to $117.89 and its market capitalization is $73.6 billion. About the company: Occidental Petroleum Corporation explores for, develops, prodces, and market crude oil and natural gas. The Company also manufactures and markets a variety of basic chemicals, vinyls and performance chemicals. Occidental also gathers, treats, processes, transports, stores, trades and markets crude oil, natural gas, NGLs, condensate and carbon dioxide and generates and markets power.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP): The shares recently traded at $67.92, have traded in a 52-week range of $58.37 to $81.80 and its market capitalization is $95.72 billion. About the company: ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company which operates in several business segments. The Company explores for and produces petroleum, and refines, markets, supplies, and transports petroleum. ConocoPhillups also gathers and processes natural gas, and produces and distributes chemicals and plastics.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>