Diamond Offshore Drilling: Institutional Investors Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. (NYSE:DO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. in Q3 2011:
- WCG MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 446,373 shares, worth $24,126,461.
- BURGUNDY ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 341,230 shares, worth $18,443,482.
- SIR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 259,500 shares, worth $14,025,975.
- WEISS MULTI-STRATEGY ADVISERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 159,583 shares, worth $8,625,461.
- CHESAPEAKE ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 87,400 shares, worth $4,723,970.
About the company: Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. drills offshore oil and gas wells on a contract basis. The Company is a world-wide deep water driller that serves markets that include the deep water, harsh environment, conventional semisubmersible and jack-up markets.
Competitors to Watch: Pride International, Inc. (NYSE:PDE), Transocean LTD (NYSE:RIG), Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (NYSE:HP), Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:PTEN), Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE), Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (NYSE:ATW), Vantage Drilling Company (AMEX:VTG), Seahawk Drilling, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAWK), Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC), and Hercules Offshore, Inc. (NASDAQ:HERO).
(Note: Data regarding Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>