Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. (NYSE:DO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 622,149 shares, worth $42,704,307. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NEW AMSTERDAM PARTNERS LLC/NY: On 06/30/2011, held 482,735 shares, worth $33,134,930. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL FUND MANAGEMENT S.A.: On 06/30/2011, held 222,348 shares, worth $15,261,967. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JACOBS LEVY EQUITY MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 203,720 shares, worth $13,983,341. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NATCAN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 197,445 shares, worth $13,552,625. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. drills offshore oil and gas wells on a contract basis. The Company is a world-wide deep water driller that serves markets that include the deep water, harsh environment, conventional semisubmersible and jack-up markets.
Competitors to Watch: Pride International, Inc. (NYSE:PDE), Transocean LTD (NYSE:RIG), Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (NYSE:HP), Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:PTEN), Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE), Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (NYSE:ATW), Vantage Drilling Company (AMEX:VTG), Seahawk Drilling, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAWK), Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC), and Hercules Offshore, Inc. (NASDAQ:HERO).
(Note: Data regarding Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>