Discovery Communications: Funds Supporting the Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Discovery Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:DISCA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Discovery Communications, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 993,149 shares, worth $37,362,265.
- FIL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 455,491 shares, worth $17,135,571.
- LATEEF INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 439,720 shares, worth $16,542,266.
- CHARTWELL INVESTMENT PARTNERS/PA: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 260,700 shares, worth $9,807,534.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 221,400 shares, worth $8,329,068.
About the company: Discovery Communications, Inc. provides non-fiction entertainment. The Company operates a wide range of educational television channels as well as offers consumer and educational products and services, and a diversified portfolio of digital media services.
Competitors to Watch: Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (NYSE:SNI), CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS), Outdoor Channel Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:OUTD), Liberty Media Corp (NASDAQ:LINTA), The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS), News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWSA), Madison Square Garden, Inc. (NASDAQ:MSG), Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX), and Point.360 (NASDAQ:PTSX).
(Note: Data regarding Discovery Communications, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>