Dominion Resources: Major Shareholders Selling Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Dominion Resources, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/: On 06/30/2011, held 1,816,608 shares, worth $85,961,891. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 284,000 shares, worth $13,438,880. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VAUGHAN DAVID INVESTMENTS INC/IL: On 06/30/2011, held 282,736 shares, worth $13,379,068. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 252,758 shares, worth $11,960,509. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TD SECURITIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 164,238 shares, worth $7,771,742. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Dominion Resources, Inc., a diversified utility holding company, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Company produces, transports, distributes, and markets natural gas to customers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:TEG), CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP), SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG), CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE:CMS), DTE Energy Company (NYSE:DTE), Ameren Corporation (NYSE:AEE), NiSource Inc. (NYSE:NI), Wisconsin Energy Corp. (NYSE:WEC), Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE), and Avista Corporation (NYSE:AVA).
(Note: Data regarding Dominion Resources, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>