Dynex Capital: Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Dynex Capital Inc. (NYSE:DX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Dynex Capital Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Akin Thomas B: act as Chairman and CEO, 10% Owner(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/07/2011, bought 51,000 shares, worth $433,000.
- Akin Thomas B: act as Chairman and CEO, 10% Owner. On 08/02/2011, bought 25,088 shares, worth $228,800.
- Igdaloff Barry: act as Director. On 08/02/2011, bought 14,000 shares, worth $126,300.
- Wheat James C Iii: act as Director. On 08/03/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $89,600.
- Osborne Daniel K: act as Director. On 08/08/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $85,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Dynex Capital Inc. in Q3 2011:
- YORKTOWN MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 180,000 shares, worth $1,450,800.
- WEINTRAUB CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 168,800 shares, worth $1,360,528.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 49,600 shares, worth $399,776.
- LAZARD ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 20,700 shares, worth $166,842.
- ARTORIUS MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 19,900 shares, worth $160,394.
About the company: Dynex Capital, Inc. is a real estate investment trust, or REIT, which invests in mortgage loans and securities on a leveraged basis. The Company invests in both Agency and non-Agency MBS and CMBS. The Company has investments in securitized residential and commercial mortgage loans. The Company finances its investments through repurchase agreements, securitization financing and equity capital.
Competitors to Watch: PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust (NYSE:PMT), Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE:RWT), Anworth Mortgage Asset Corp. (NYSE:ANH), New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (NASDAQ:NYMT), ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (AMEX:ARR), American Capital Agency Corp. (NASDAQ:AGNC), MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE:MFA).
(Note: Data regarding Dynex Capital Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>