Dynex Capital: Institutions Cashing Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Dynex Capital Inc. (NYSE:DX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Dynex Capital Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SILVER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 418,072 shares, worth $3,917,335. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- STIEVEN CAPITAL ADVISORS, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 256,700 shares, worth $2,405,279. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CLARIVEST ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 146,759 shares, worth $1,375,132. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MACQUARIE GROUP LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 90,000 shares, worth $843,300. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BAKER AVENUE ASSET MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 83,188 shares, worth $779,472. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Dynex Capital, Inc. is a real estate investment trust, or REIT, which invests in mortgage loans and securities on a leveraged basis. The Company invests in both Agency and non-Agency MBS and CMBS. The Company has investments in securitized residential and commercial mortgage loans. The Company finances its investments through repurchase agreements, securitization financing and equity capital.
Competitors to Watch: PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust (NYSE:PMT), Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE:RWT), Anworth Mortgage Asset Corp. (NYSE:ANH), New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (NASDAQ:NYMT), ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (AMEX:ARR), American Capital Agency Corp. (NASDAQ:AGNC), MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE:MFA).
(Note: Data regarding Dynex Capital Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>