Eastman Chemical: Fund Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Eastman Chemical Co. (NYSE:EMN).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Eastman Chemical Co. in Q3 2011:
- COLUMBUS CIRCLE INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 304,331 shares, worth $15,420,452. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SIGMA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 250,000 shares, worth $12,667,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 222,750 shares, worth $11,286,743. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 156,333 shares, worth $7,921,393. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCOPUS ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 150,000 shares, worth $7,600,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Eastman Chemical Company is an international chemical company which produces chemicals, fibers, and plastics. The Company’s operations include coatings, adhesives, specialty polymers, and Inks, fibers, performance chemicals and intermediates, performance polymers, and specialty plastics.
Competitors to Watch: The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), PolyOne Corporation (NYSE:POL), FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC), Ashland Inc. (NYSE:ASH), A. Schulman, Inc. (NASDAQ:SHLM), Westlake Chemical Corp. (NYSE:WLK), Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN), Kraton Performance Polymers Inc (NYSE:KRA), E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD), and Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB).
(Note: Data regarding Eastman Chemical Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>