eBay: Insiders and Big Fund Investors Sell These Share Positions in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold eBay Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Donahoe John J: act as President, CEO & Director. On 07/28/2011, sold 111,311 shares, worth $3,692,200.
- Jacobson Michael R: act as SVP, Legal Affairs, GC & Sec. On 07/28/2011, sold 60,000 shares, worth $2,010,600.
- Jacobson Michael R: act as SVP, Legal Affairs, GC & Sec. On 10/27/2011, sold 60,000 shares, worth $1,930,800.
- Jacobson Michael R: act as SVP, Legal Affairs, GC & Sec. On 09/01/2011, sold 60,000 shares, worth $1,837,200.
- Carges Mark T: act as CTO & SVP Global Products Mkts. On 10/27/2011, sold 22,630 shares, worth $724,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of eBay Inc. in Q3 2011:
- TRADEWINDS GLOBAL INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,994,192 shares, worth $64,352,576. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 658,000 shares, worth $21,233,660. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GLENHILL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 600,750 shares, worth $19,386,203. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 469,882 shares, worth $15,163,092. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP PLC: On 06/30/2011, held 349,034 shares, worth $11,263,327. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: eBay Inc. operates an online trading community. The Company’s service is used by buyers and sellers for the exchange of products and services such as coins, collectibles, computers, memorabilia, stamps and toys, as well as concert and sporting tickets. eBay also offers, through a subsidiary, secure online payment services.
Competitors to Watch: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD), Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU), ARM Holdings plc (NASDAQ:ARMH), and QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM).
(Note: Data regarding eBay Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>