Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Emulex Corp. (NYSE:ELX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Emulex Corp. in Q3 2011:
- BALYASNY ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 433,184 shares, worth $2,772,378.
- MAGNETAR FINANCIAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 152,170 shares, worth $973,888.
- HARVEST CAPITAL STRATEGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 120,479 shares, worth $771,066.
- ARROWSTREET CAPITAL LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 84,436 shares, worth $540,390.
- TIMBER HILL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 54,925 shares, worth $351,520.
About the company: Emulex Corporation provides converged networking solutions for data centers. The Company’s product portfolio consists of storage adapters, network interface cards, encrypting adapters, controller chips, server management chips, embedded bridges, switches and routhers, and connectivity management software.
Competitors to Watch: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:BRCD), QLogic Corporation (NASDAQ:QLGC), LSI Corporation (NYSE:LSI), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), and Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM).
(Note: Data regarding Emulex Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>