Gainers (% price change)
- Global Partners LP (NYSE:GLP): The shares closed at $18.68, up $1.98, or 11.86%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $407.43 million. About the company: Global Partners LP owns, controls or has access to a terminal network of refined petroleum products in New England, located in the United States. The Company is a wholesale distributor of distillates such as home heating oil, gasoline, and residual oil. Global Partners serves wholesalers, retailers, and commercial customers.
- Aegean Marine Petroleum (NYSE:ANW): The shares closed at $5.47, up $0.47, or 9.4%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $255.71 million. About the company: Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. supplies and markets refined marine fuel and lubricants to ships in port and at sea. The Company also owns and operates a fleet of bunkering tankers in multiple jurisdictions.
- Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc (NASDAQ:PTEN): The shares closed at $19.29, up $1, or 5.47%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $3.00 billion. About the company: Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. provides land-based drilling services to major and independent oil and natural gas companies. The Company conducts drilling operations in Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and western Canada. Patterson-UTI is also involved in pressure pumping, oil and gas exploration and production, and drilling and completion fluids services.
- Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE): The shares closed at $33.45, up $1.68, or 5.29%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $8.44 billion. About the company: Noble Corporation provides diversified services for the oil and gas industry. The Company provides contract drilling services with its fleet of offshore drilling units located in markets worldwide. Noble also provides labor contract drilling services, well site and project management services, and engineering services.
- Transocean LTD (NYSE:RIG): The shares closed at $53.03, up $1.93, or 3.78%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $16.96 billion. About the company: Transocean Ltd. is an offshore drilling contractor. The Company owns or operates mobile offshore drilling units, inland drilling barges, and other assets utilized in the support of offshore drilling activities worldwide. Transocean specializes in technically demanding segments of the offshore drilling business, including deepwater and harsh environment drilling services.
Losers (% price change)
- Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX): The shares closed at $35.81, down $6.24, or 14.84%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.82 billion. About the company: Newfield Exploration Company is an independent oil and gas company which explores, develops, and acquires oil and natural gas properties. The Company operates in the Gulf of Mexico, in the onshore United States Gulf Coast, within the North Sea, within Malaysia, and in the Bohai Bay in China.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (NYSE:CLB): The shares closed at $96.76, down $5.91, or 5.76%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.51 billion. About the company: Core Laboratories N.V. provides reservoir description, production enhancement, and reservoir management services. The Company’s customers include major, national, and independent oil and gas producers. Core also manufactures and sells petroleum reservoir rock and fluid analysis instrumentation and other integrated systems.
- GulfMark Offshore, Inc. (NYSE:GLF): The shares closed at $40.25, down $2.26, or 5.32%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.07 billion. About the company: GulfMark Offshore, Inc. provides marine support services to the energy industry. The Company’s vessels transport drilling materials, supplies, and personnel to offshore facilities, as well as move and position drilling structures. GulfMark operates primarily in the North Sea and offshore Southeast Asia.
- Quicksilver Resources Inc (NYSE:KWK): The shares closed at $7.77, down $0.39, or 4.78%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.33 billion. About the company: Quicksilver Resources Inc. is involved in the acquisition, development, exploration, production, and sale of natural gas and crude oil. The Company also conducts operations in the gathering, processing, and transmission of natural gas. Quicksilver owns properties in Michigan, Wyoming, and Montana in the United States, and in Canada.
- GMX Resources Inc. (NYSE:GMXR): The shares closed at $13.11, down $0.57, or 4.17%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $409.21 million. About the company: GMX Resources Inc. acquires and develops oil and gas properties in the United States. The Company currently holds interests in producing and undeveloped properties located primarily in Texas, Louisiana, Kansas, and New Mexico. GMX is concentrating its efforts on the acquisition and development of gas reserves.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>