EOG Resources: Funds Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of EOG Resources, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MARSICO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,053,843 shares, worth $422,288,825. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OPPENHEIMER FUNDS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,396,163 shares, worth $145,438,300. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CONATUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 655,032 shares, worth $68,234,683. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 194,285 shares, worth $20,238,668. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KINGDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 180,150 shares, worth $18,766,226. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
Competitors to Watch: Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA), Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), Lucas Energy, Inc. (AMEX:LEI), EnCana Corporation (NYSE:ECA), Forest Oil Corporation (NYSE:FST), Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL), Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX), PrimeEnergy Corporation (NASDAQ:PNRG), and GeoMet, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMET).
(Note: Data regarding EOG Resources, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>