EOG Resources: Institutions Supporting Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of EOG Resources, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 608,500 shares, worth $43,124,395.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 246,873 shares, worth $17,495,890.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 196,800 shares, worth $13,947,216.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 176,357 shares, worth $12,498,421.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 170,788 shares, worth $12,103,746.
About the company: EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
Competitors to Watch: Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA), Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), Lucas Energy, Inc. (AMEX:LEI), EnCana Corporation (NYSE:ECA), Forest Oil Corporation (NYSE:FST), Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL), Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX), PrimeEnergy Corporation (NASDAQ:PNRG), and GeoMet, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMET).
(Note: Data regarding EOG Resources, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>