Equity Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades October 14th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded the shares on October 14th.
- Green Mtn Coffee (NASDAQ:GMCR): Longbow upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target to $112. About the company: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. roasts Arabica coffees and offers various coffee selections. The Company’s products include single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, signature blends, and flavored coffees sold under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand. Green Mountain serves offices, supermarkets, and convenience stores, and operates a direct mail business.
- HollyFrontier (HFC): Howard Weil upgraded its rating on this company from Market Perform to Market Outperform and changed its price target to $40. About the company: HollyFrontier Corporation, formerly Holly Corporation, is an independent petroleum refiner that produces light products, such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, specialty lubricant products, and specialty and modified asphalt.
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- Crocs (NASDAQ:CROX): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Crocs, Inc. designs and manufactures shoes. The Company produces soft, lightweight, non-marking, slip- and odor-resistant shoes made of closed-cell resin material. Crocs manufactures men’s, women’s, and children’s shoes and markets them to retail chains.
- Quality Systems (NASDAQ:QSII): JMP Securities downgraded its rating on this company from Mkt Outperform to Mkt Perform. About the company: Quality Systems, Inc. develops and markets healthcare information systems. The Company’s systems automate medical and dental group practices, physical hospital organizations, management service organizations, community health centers, and dental schools.
- Norfolk Southern (NYSE:NSC): BB&T Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Norfolk Southern Corporation provides rail transportation services. The Company transports raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods primarily in the Southeast, East, and Midwest and, via interchange with rail carriers, to and from the rest of the United States. Norfolk Southern also transports overseas freight through several Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports
- RailAmerica (NYSE:RA): Stifel Nicolaus downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: RailAmerica Inc. owns and operates short-line and regional freight railroads in North America.
- National Cinemedia (NASDAQ:NCMI): Stifel Nicolaus downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: National CineMedia, Inc. operates a digital in-theaters network in North America. The Company provides advertising, CineMeetings, and digital programming events through its network of theaters.
- DTS (NASDAQ:DTSI): Collins Stewart downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral and changed its price target from $40 to $30. About the company: DTS, Inc. is a provider of digital multi-channel audio technology, products, and services for entertainment markets worldwide. The Company uses the technology in more than two speakers at once, targeted toward motion picture, home theater, and other consumer markets.
- Harris (NYSE:HRS): Oppenheimer downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Perform. About the company: Harris Corporation is an international communications equipment company focused on product, system, and service solutions. The Company provides a range of mission critical communications products, systems and services for global markets, including defense communications and electronics, government communications, broadcast communications and wireless transmission network solutions.
- Boeing (NYSE:BA): Oppenheimer downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Perform. About the company: The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets commercial jet aircraft, as well as provides related support services to the commercial airline industry worldwide. The Company also researches, develops, produces, modifies, and supports information, space, and defense systems, including military aircraft, helicopters and space and missile systems.
- Monsanto (NYSE:MON): Ticonderoga downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral and changed its price target to $80. About the company: Monsanto Company provides agricultural products for farmers. The Company’s business segments are seeds and genomics. Monsanto produces a wide range of seeds and develops biotechnology traits that assist farmers in controlling insects and weeds as well as provides other seed companies with genetic material and biotechnology traits for their seed brands.
- PAA Natural Gas Storage (NYSE:PNG): Wunderlich downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold and changed its price target to $18.5. About the company: PAA Natural Gas Storage, L.P. (PNGS) acquires, operates, develops, and manages natural gas storage facilities. The Company also leases storage capacity and pipeline transportation. PNGS conducts its business in the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>