Equity Residential: 5 New Funds Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Equity Residential in Q3 2011:
- NORTHERN TRUST CO OF CONNECTICUT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 253,955 shares, worth $13,172,646.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 244,446 shares, worth $12,679,414.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 188,500 shares, worth $9,777,495.
- DIAMONDBACK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 98,900 shares, worth $5,129,943.
- LOS ANGELES CAPITAL MANAGEMENT & EQUITY RESEARCH INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 85,818 shares, worth $4,451,380.
About the company: Equity Residential is a real estate investment trust. The trust acquires, develops, and manages apartment complexes in the United States.
Competitors to Watch: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (NYSE:AVB), UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), Apartment Investment and Management Co. (NYSE:AIV), Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT), BRE Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BRE), Mid-America Apartment (NYSE:MAA), Home Properties, Inc. (NYSE:HME), Post Properties, Inc. (NYSE:PPS), Colonial Properties Trust (NYSE:CLP), and Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS).
(Note: Data regarding Equity Residential’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>