Equity Upgrades and Downgrades November 1st
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded the shares on November 1st.
- Cavium Networks (NASDAQ:CAVM): Rodman & Renshaw upgraded its rating on this company from Mkt Perform to Mkt Outperform and changed its price target to $36. About the company: Cavium Networks, Inc. provides semiconductor processors that enable intelligent networking, communications and security applications. The Company offers a broad portfolio of software compatible processors and accelerator boards ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps.
- LG Display (NYSE:LPL): HSBC Securities upgraded its rating on this company from Underweight to Overweight. About the company: LG Display Company Ltd. develops and manufactures digital display products. The Company’s products include thin film transistor-liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCD) for notebook and desktop computer monitors, TVs, and mobile phones. LG Display provides its products to overseas and domestic markets.
- AU Optronics (NYSE:AUO): HSBC Securities upgraded its rating on this company from Underweight to Overweight. About the company: AU Optronics Corp. manufactures and markets thin film transistor-liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs) and plasma display panels (PDPs). The Company sells its products in Taiwan and exports worldwide.
- Transcept Pharma (NASDAQ:TSPT): MLV Capital upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $21. About the company: Transcept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company which develops and commercializes proprietary products that address therapeutic needs in the fields of psychiatry and sleep medicine. The Company’s products include sublingual low dose formulation of zolpidem developed for the treatment of insomnia.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Pfizer Inc. is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines.
- Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU): MKM Partners downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. About the company: Alcatel-Lucent manufactures telecommunications equipment, and offers telecommunications services. The Company’s telecommunications equipment and services enable its customers to send or receive virtually any type of voice or data transmission. Alcatel-Lucent designs and builds public and private networks, communications systems and software, and data networking systems.
- Ryland Group (NYSE:RYL): KeyBanc Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: The Ryland Group, Inc. is a homebuilder and mortgage-related finance firm. The Company’s homebuilding segment specializes in the sale and construction of single-family attached and detached housing. Ryland’s financial services segment provides various mortgage-related products and services for retail customers.
- Vocus (NASDAQ:VOCS): JMP Securities downgraded its rating on this company from Mkt Outperform to Mkt Perform. About the company: Vocus, Inc. provides web-based software for public relations automation.
- NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA): Canaccord Genuity downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: NVIDIA Corporation designs, develops, and markets three dimensional (3D) graphics processors and related software. The Company’s products provide interactive 3D graphics to the mainstream personal computer market.
- Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS): Hilliard Lyons downgraded its rating on this company from Long-term Buy to Neutral. About the company: Electronic Arts Inc. develops, publishes, and distributes branded interactive entertainment software worldwide for video game consoles, personal computers, handheld game players, and cellular handsets. The Company also provides online game-related services.
- Comstock (NYSE:CRK): Stifel Nicolaus downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Comstock Resources, Inc., an independent exploration and production company, acquires, develops, produces, and explores oil and natural gas properties. The Company’s oil and natural gas reserves are located in the Gulf of Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana.
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA): Rodman & Renshaw downgraded its rating on this company from Mkt Outperform to Mkt Perform. About the company: NuVasive, Inc. designs, develops, and markets products for the surgical treatment of spine disorders. The Company’s products include Maximum Access Surgery (NYSE:MAS) and Fusion products.
- Legg Mason (NYSE:LM): Ticonderoga downgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Sell and changed its price target to $22. About the company: Legg Mason, Inc. is a global asset management company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides investment management and related services to institutional and individual clients, company-sponsored mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>