Equity Upgrades and Downgrades on Wall Street October 26th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded the shares on October 26th.
- Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX): Hudson Square Research upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $110. About the company: Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
- F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV): MKM Partners upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target from $90 to $120. About the company: F5 Networks, Inc. provides integrated Internet traffic management solutions designed to improve the availability and performance of mission-critical Internet-based servers and applications. The Company’s software-based solutions manage, control and optimize Internet traffic and content. F5′s solutions automatically deliver Internet content for service providers and e-businesses.
- Volterra Semi (NASDAQ:VLTR): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Volterra Semiconductor Corp. designs, develops, and markets proprietary, high performance analog and mixed-signal power management semiconductors for the computing, storage, networking and consumer markets. The Company’s core products are integrated-voltage regulator semiconductors and scalable voltage semiconductor chipsets.
- Discovery (NASDAQ:DISCA): MKM Partners downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. About the company: Discovery Communications, Inc. provides non-fiction entertainment. The Company operates a wide range of educational television channels as well as offers consumer and educational products and services, and a diversified portfolio of digital media services.
- Heartland Express (NASDAQ:HTLD): BB&T Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Heartland Express, Inc. is a short-to-medium haul truckload carrier. The Company transports a variety of goods, including appliances, automotive parts, paper products, retail goods, and packaged foodstuffs. Heartland operates in the United States.
- C.H. Robinson (NASDAQ:CHRW): BB&T Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Underweight. Robert W. Baird downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Neutral and changed its price target from $84 to $76. About the company: C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. provides multimodal transportation services and logistics solutions. The Company operates a network of offices in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and the Middle East. C.H. Robinson provides a variety of logistics services, such as fresh produce sourcing and freight consolidation.
- Watts Ind (NYSE:WTS): BB&T Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Watts Water Technologies, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells a line of products to the water regulation and control markets. The Company has manufacturing plants and distribution channels in the United States, Canada, and Europe, as well as a joint venture in The People’s Republic of China.
- Autoliv (NYSE:ALV): KeyBanc Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Autoliv, Inc. develops and manufactures automotive safety systems for automotive manufacturers. The Company’s products include seat belts, airbags, anti-whiplash seats, child restraints, and leg protection equipment. Autoliv tests cars and products at crash test tracks in several countries.
- Mistras Group (NYSE:MG): KeyBanc Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Mistras Group, Inc. provides technology-enabled non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial and public infrastructure. The Company provides solutions, ranging from routine NDT inspections to complex, plant-wide asset integrity assessment and management.
- Yingli Green Energy (NYSE:YGE): Collins Stewart downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. About the company: Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited designs, manufactures and sells PV modules. The Company also designs, assembles, sells and installs PV systems that are connected to an electricity transmission grid or those that operate on a stand-alone basis.
- Human Genome (NASDAQ:HGSI): Brean Murray downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
- RRSAT Global (NASDAQ:RRST): Oppenheimer downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Perform. About the company: RRSat Global Communications Network Ltd. distributes video and audio programming by satellite. The Company serves television and radio broadcasters.
- First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR): Kaufman Bros downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold and changed its price target from $152 to $50. About the company: First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
- Owens & Minor (NYSE:OMI): Robert W. Baird downgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Underperform and changed its price target from $32 to $28. About the company: Owens & Minor, Inc. distributes medical/surgical supplies throughout the United States. The Company’s customers include hospitals, integrated healthcare systems, and group purchasing organizations. Owens & Minor also provides services in supply chain management, logistics, and technology.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>