E*TRADE Financial: Insiders and Institutions Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of E*TRADE Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:ETFC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought E*TRADE Financial Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Freiberg Steven J: act as CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER. On 08/10/2011, bought 93,000 shares, worth $1,012,800.
- Utton Nicholas: act as EVP & Chief Marketing Officer. On 08/22/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $100,500.
- Utton Nicholas: act as EVP & Chief Marketing Officer. On 11/23/2011, bought 6,000 shares, worth $48,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of E*TRADE Financial Corporation in Q3 2011:
- WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,280,500 shares, worth $38,995,355.
- ETON PARK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,415,934 shares, worth $31,119,159.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,713,200 shares, worth $15,607,252.
- MANIKAY PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,400,000 shares, worth $12,754,000.
- APPALOOSA MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,181,770 shares, worth $10,765,925.
About the company: E*TRADE Financial Corporation provides online brokerage and related products and services primarily to individual retail investors. The Company’s products and services include investor-focused banking, primarily sweep deposits and savings products, and asset gathering.
Competitors to Watch: TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:AMTD), The Charles Schwab Corp. (NYSE:SCHW), optionsXpress Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:OXPS), Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), FXCM Inc (NYSE:FXCM), Gain Capital Holdings Inc (NYSE:GCAP), TradeStation Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRAD), SWS Group, Inc. (NYSE:SWS), and Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE:RJF).
(Note: Data regarding E*TRADE Financial Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>