Evaluating Jim Cramer’s April 13th Stock Picks
Following are 13 of his picks on April 13th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
- The median market cap of these 13 stocks is 17.531B.
- The average market cap is 35.088B.
- The maximum market cap is 177.5B.
- The minimum market cap is 198.6M.
- The median stock is 8.55% off its high and 72.17% off its 52-week low.
- The average stock is 15.21% off its high and 108.69% off its 52-week low.
- The best-performing stock has increased 332.53% from its 52-week low.
- The worst-performing stock has increased only 3.51% from its 52-week low.
13 Of Jim Cramer Calls on April 13th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Tciker||Price @ 04 25 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Arris Group Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:ARRS)||$12.76||1.549B||14.49||8.16||11.94%||56.37%|
|Peabody Energy Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:BTU)||$64.93||17.567B||73.95||34.89||12.20%||86.10%|
|Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:CRZO)||$37.07||1.443B||39.34||14.81||5.77%||150.30%|
|Cisco Systems, Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:CSCO)||$17.10||94.529B||27.74||16.52||38.36%||3.51%|
|Novagold Resources Inc New||Buy||(AMEX:NG)||$12.91||3.012B||16.90||5.81||23.61%||122.20%|
|VeriFone Systems, Inc||Buy||(NYSE:PAY)||$54.85||4.844B||58.88||15.62||6.84%||251.15%|
|Procter & Gamble Co.||Buy||(NYSE:PG)||$63.37||177.5B||66.95||39.37||5.35%||60.96%|
|Toreador Resources Corp.||Buy||(:TRGL)||$8.02||198.6M||18.97||5.31||57.72%||51.04%|
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- Arris Group Inc. (NASDAQ:ARRS): Arris Group Inc. is a global communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband local access networks. The Company develops, manufactures, and supplies optical transmission, cable telephony and Internet access, outside plant construction, and maintenance equipment for cable system operators.
- Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU): Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches.
- Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE:BTU): Peabody Energy Corporation mines and markets predominantly low sulfur coal, primarily for use by electric utilities. The Company also trades coal and emission allowances. Peabody owns and operates mines in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana, and Australia. The Company also a minority interest in a Venezuelan mine through a joint venture.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO): Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. explores for and produces natural gas and crude oil. The Company develops and exploits onshore properties along the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast regions.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO): Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world.
- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC): EMC Corporation provides enterprise storage systems, software, networks, and services. The Company’s products store, retrieve, manage, protect, and share information from all major computing environments and mainframe platforms. EMC operates offices around the world.
- Novagold Resources Inc New (AMEX:NG): NovaGold Resources Inc. is a mineral exploration company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, explores and develops mineral properties in North America. NovaGold primarily focuses on gold properties, which may include copper, silver and zinc resources.
- VeriFone Systems, Inc (NYSE:PAY): VeriFone Systems, Inc. is a global provider of technology that enables electronic payment transactions and value-added services at the point of sale. The Company’s customers include financial institutions, payment processors, petroleum companies, large retailers, government organizations and healthcare companies, as well as independent sales organizations.
- Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE:PG): The Procter & Gamble Company manufactures and markets consumer products in countries throughout the world. The Company provides products in the laundry and cleaning, paper, beauty care, food and beverage, and health care segments. Proctor & Gamble’s products are sold primarily through mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, and neighborhood stores.
- Raytheon Co. (NYSE:RTN): Raytheon Company operates in defense, homeland security and other government markets. The Company provides electronics, mission systems integration in the areas of sensing, effects, command, control, communications and intelligence systems, and mission support services. Raytheon provides products and services worldwide.
- Sina Corp. (NASDAQ:SINA): SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America.
- Toreador Resources Corp. (:TRGL): Toreador Resources Corporation is an independent, international energy company. The Company acquires, develops, explores and produces developed, producing, and undeveloped properties for natural gas, crude oil and other minerals deposits.