Following are 23 of his picks on April 25th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 23 stocks is 17.966B.
2) The average market cap is 51.661B.
3) The maximum market cap is 326.4B.
4) The minimum market cap is 703.6M.
5) The median stock is 4.77% off its high and 54.30% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 8.32% off its high and 62.64% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 179.63% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 2.48% from its 52-week low.
23 Of Jim Cramer Calls on April 25th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Tciker||Price @ 04 25 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Barrick Gold Corporation||Buy||(NYSE:ABX)||$51.86||51.816B||55.74||39.67||6.96%||30.73%|
|BT Group plc||Sell||(NYSE:BT)||$31.54||24.321B||31.88||15.89||1.07%||98.49%|
|British American Tobacco Industries, p.l.c.||Buy||(AMEX:BTI)||$86.41||85.719B||86.49||56.00||0.09%||54.30%|
|Buffalo Wild Wings Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:BWLD)||$60.25||1.098B||60.79||34.33||0.89%||75.50%|
|First Niagara Financial Group Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:FNFG)||$14.01||2.888B||15.10||11.23||7.22%||24.76%|
|SPDR Gold Trust||Buy||(NYSE:GLD)||$146.87||N/A||147.58||112.34||0.48%||30.74%|
|Hudson City Bancorp, Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:HCBK)||$9.50||4.691B||13.75||9.27||30.91%||2.48%|
|Interactive Brokers Group, Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:IBKR)||$16.66||703.6M||19.49||15.23||14.52%||9.39%|
|Lloyds Banking Group plc||Sell||(NYSE:LYG)||$3.91||66.551B||4.86||2.88||19.55%||35.76%|
|Novagold Resources Inc New||Buy||(AMEX:NG)||$12.91||3.012B||16.90||5.81||23.61%||122.20%|
|National Grid plc||Buy||(NYSE:NGG)||$49.70||32.186B||50.60||36.72||1.78%||35.35%|
|Rio Tinto Plc||Buy||(NYSE:RIO)||$72.71||142.6B||76.67||39.30||5.16%||85.01%|
|SodaStream International Ltd.||Buy||(NASDAQ:SODA)||$47.19||939.2M||48.20||23.15||2.10%||103.84%|
|Vodafone Group plc||Buy||(NASDAQ:VOD)||$28.33||149.3B||29.75||18.21||4.77%||55.57%|
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
- Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX): Barrick Gold Corporation is an international gold company with operating mines and development projects in the United States, Canada, South America, Australia, and Africa.
- BP plc (NYSE:BP): BP plc is an oil and petrochemicals company. The Company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP’s chemicals include terephthalic acid, acetic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene and polyethylene.
- BT Group plc (NYSE:BT): BT Group plc provides telecommunications services. The Company provides local and long-distance telephone call products and services in the UK, international telephone calls to and from the UK, broadband network solutions and web hosting to corporate customers, network ADSL, ISDN, and IP services to communication companies and narrowband and broadband internet access and related services.
- British American Tobacco Industries, p.l.c. (AMEX:BTI): British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. (NASDAQ:BWLD): Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. owns, operates, and franchises casual dining restaurants. The restaurants feature made to order menu items including New York style chicken wings. The company operates restaurants in multiple states.
- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc. (NASDAQ:FNFG): First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. is a bank holding company. The Banks provide an array of deposit products and loans, as well as insurance, leasing, investment advisory services, insurance agency services, and trust services.
- Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG): Goldcorp, Inc. is a North American gold producer. The Company has gold mining operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Australia. Goldcorp owns the Red Lake mine in Ontario.
- SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD): SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets.
- Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:HCBK): Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. is a bank holding company. The Company, through its banking subsidiary, is a federally chartered stock savings bank that offers traditional deposit products, residential real estate mortgage loans and consumer loans. Hudson also purchase mortgages and mortgage-backed securities and other securities issued by U.S. government-sponsored enterprises.
- Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR): Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. is an automated global electronic market maker and broker specializing in routing orders and executing and processing trades in securities, futures, and foreign exchange instruments.
- InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC): InterDigital, Inc. develops technology for advanced digital wireless telecommunications applications. The Company offers both time division multiple access and wide band code division multiple access proprietary and standards compliant digital wireless technology to customers, licensees, and companies.
- Lloyds Banking Group plc (NYSE:LYG): Lloyds Banking Group plc, through subsidiaries and associated companies, offers a range of banking and financial services. The Company provides retail banking, mortgages, pensions, asset management, insurance services, corporate banking, and treasury services.
- Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M): Macy’s, Inc. operates department stores in the United States. The Company also operates direct mail catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries. Macy’s retail stores sell a wide range of merchandise, including men’s, women’s and children’s apparel and accessories, cosmetics, home furnishings and other consumer goods.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
- Novagold Resources Inc New (AMEX:NG): NovaGold Resources Inc. is a mineral exploration company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, explores and develops mineral properties in North America. NovaGold primarily focuses on gold properties, which may include copper, silver and zinc resources.
- National Grid plc (NYSE:NGG): National Grid PLC owns, operates and develops electricity and gas networks. The Group’s electricity transmission and gas distribution networks are located throughout the United Kingdom and in the north-eastern section of the United States. They also own liquefied natural gas storage facilities in Britain and provide infrastructure services to the mobile telecom industry.
- Pearson plc (NYSE:PSO): Pearson plc is a holding company, whose international subsidiaries operate in the education and media sectors. The Company publishes various financial papers, trade books, textbooks and electronic education programs, via their businesses which include the Financial Times, Penguin, and The Economist.
- Rio Tinto Plc (NYSE:RIO): Rio Tinto PLC is an international mining company. The Company has interests in mining for aluminum, borax, coal, copper, gold, iron ore, lead, silver, tin, uranium, zinc, titanium dioxide feedstock, diamonds, talc and zircon. Rio Tinto’s various mining operations are located in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States, South America, Europe, and Indonesia.
- SodaStream International Ltd. (NASDAQ:SODA): SodaStream International Ltd. manufactures home beverage carbonation systems, which enable consumers to transform tap water into carbonated soft drinks and sparkling water. The Company develops, manufactures and sells soda makers and exchangeable carbon-dioxide (CO2) cylinders, as well as consumables, consisting of CO2 refills, reusable carbonation bottles, and flavors.
- Vodafone Group plc (NASDAQ:VOD): Vodafone Group Plc provides a range of mobile telecommunications services, including voice and data communications. Vodafone has equity interests in 28 countries and Partner Networks in a further 7 countries with almost all the Group’s mobile subsidiaries operating principally under the brand name Vodafone. In the United States their associated undertaking operates as Verizon Wireless.