Evaluating Jim Cramer’s April 26th Stock Picks
Following are 21 of his picks on April 26th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 21 stocks is 23.304B.
2) The average market cap is 50.578B.
3) The maximum market cap is 207.8B.
4) The minimum market cap is 965.6M.
5) The median stock is 3.74% off its high and 68.72% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 5.02% off its high and 84.78% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 332.52% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 28.58% from its 52-week low.
21 Of Jim Cramer Calls on April 26th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Tciker||Price @ 04 27 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Arch Coal Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:ACI)||$33.23||5.399B||36.99||19.09||10.16%||74.07%|
|Continental Resources Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:CLR)||$67.40||11.411B||73.48||38.23||8.27%||76.30%|
|Ford Motor Co.||Buy||(NYSE:F)||$15.58||58.935B||18.97||9.75||17.87%||59.79%|
|Helen of Troy Limited||Buy||(NASDAQ:HELE)||$31.44||965.6M||32.95||21.00||4.58%||49.71%|
|International Business Machines Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:IBM)||$170.37||207.8B||169.20||116.00||-0.69%||46.87%|
|The Coca-Cola Company||Buy||(NYSE:KO)||$67.00||153.7B||68.47||49.47||2.15%||35.44%|
|Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. Oil S||Buy||(AMEX:OIH)||$160.51||N/A||167.37||89.48||4.10%||79.38%|
|United States Oil Fund||Sell||(NYSE:USO)||$45.02||N/A||45.20||30.93||0.40%||45.55%|
|Weatherford International Ltd.||Buy||(NYSE:WFT)||$20.82||15.562B||26.25||12.34||20.69%||68.72%|
|Whiting Petroleum Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:WLL)||$72.35||8.546B||75.91||35.61||4.69%||103.17%|
|SPDR Select Sector Fund – Energ||Buy||(NYSE:XLE)||$79.31||N/A||80.97||48.56||2.05%||63.32%|
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products. Intel Earnings Cheat Sheet: Chip Goliath Crushes Estimates and Delivers Big Growth>>
- Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE:ACI): Arch Coal, Inc. mines, processes, and markets low sulfur coal from surface, underground, and auger mines located in the western United States and in the central Appalachian region. The Company markets its coal primarily to electric utilities.
- Continental Resources Inc. (NYSE:CLR): Continental Resources, Inc. and its subsidiaries explore, exploit, develop, and acquire oil and gas reserves, primarily in the Rocky Mountains and the MidContinent, as well as in the Gulf Coast region of Texas and Louisiana. The Company also owns and operates natural gas pipelines, gathering systems, and processing plants.
- Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI): Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines. The Company also manufactures electric power generation systems and engine-related component products, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment, fuel systems, controls, and air handling systems.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP): ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company which operates in several business segments. The Company explores for and produces petroleum, and refines, markets, supplies, and transports petroleum. ConocoPhillips also gathers and processes natural gas, and produces and distributes chemicals and plastics.
- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC): EMC Corporation provides enterprise storage systems, software, networks, and services. The Company’s products store, retrieve, manage, protect, and share information from all major computing environments and mainframe platforms. EMC operates offices around the world.
- Exelixis, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXEL): Exelixis, Inc. is a development-stage biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of small-molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other serious diseases. The Company is building a portfolio of compounds it believes could become pharmaceutical products. Exelixis has strategic alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Ford Motor Co. (NYSE:F): Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary.
- Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL): Halliburton Company provides energy services and engineering and construction services, as well as manufactures products for the energy industry. The Company offers services and products and integrated solutions to customers in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas.
- Helen of Troy Limited (NASDAQ:HELE): Helen of Troy Limited designs, produces, and markets brand-name hair dryers, curling irons, hair setters, women’s shavers, brushes, combs, hair accessories, mirrors, and comfort products. The Company’s products are sold through mass merchandisers, drug chains, warehouse clubs, and grocery stores.
- Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES): Hess Corporation is a global integrated energy company. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The Company operates in countries that include Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Denmark, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Indonesia, Libya, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): International Business Machines Corporation provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers.
- The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO): The Coca-Cola Company manufactures, markets, and distributes soft drink concentrates and syrups. The Company also distributes and markets juice and juice-drink products. Coca-Cola distributes its products to retailers and wholesalers in the United States and internationally.
- 3M Co. (NYSE:MMM): 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
- Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. Oil S (AMEX:OIH): Oil Services HOLDRS Trust issues depositary receipts called Oil Service HOLDRs. The Trust will hold shares of common stock issued by companies that, among other things, provide drilling, well-site management and related products and services for the oil service industry. These companies are among the 20 largest and most liquid with U.S.-traded securities involved in the oil service industry.
- Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB): Schlumberger Limited is an oil services company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a wide range of services, including technology, project management and information solutions to the international petroleum industry as well as advanced acquisition and data processing surveys.
- United States Oil Fund (NYSE:USO): United States Oil Fund LP is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is for the units’ net asset value to reflect the performance of the spot price of West Texas Intermediate light. The Fund invests in futures contracts for West Texas Intermediate light.
- Weatherford International Ltd. (NYSE:WFT): Weatherford International Ltd. provides equipment and services used for the drilling, completion, and production of oil and natural gas wells. The Company offers drilling and intervention services, completion systems, artificial lift systems, and compression services. Weatherford conducts operations in substantially all of the oil and natural gas producing regions in the world.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:WLL): Whiting Petroleum Corporation is involved in oil and natural gas exploitation, acquisition, and exploration activities. The Company focuses on lower risk, long-lived oil and natural gas properties located primarily in the Gulf Coast/Permian Basin, Rocky Mountains, Michigan, and Mid-Continent regions of the United States.
- SPDR Select Sector Fund – Energ (NYSE:XLE): Energy Select Sector SPDR Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is to provide investment results that correspond to the performance of The Energy Select Sector Index. The Index includes companies that develop & produce crude oil & natural gas, provide drilling and other energy related services.