Following are 10 of his picks on May 3rd. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 10 stocks is 29.811B.
2) The average market cap is 33.264B.
3) The maximum market cap is 90.746B.
4) The minimum market cap is 3.863B.
5) The median stock is 4.82% off its high and 68.20% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 4.82% off its high and 72.75% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 141.48% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 11.41% from its 52-week low.
10 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 3rd
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Tciker||Price @ 05 03 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Anadarko Petroleum Corporation||Buy||(NYSE:APC)||$78.51||38.961B||85.50||34.54||8.18%||127.30%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:GILD)||$41.66||32.973B||42.93||31.73||2.96%||31.30%|
|National Grid plc||Buy||(NYSE:NGG)||$50.79||32.892B||51.69||36.72||1.74%||38.32%|
|Occidental Petroleum Corporation||Buy||(NYSE:OXY)||$111.64||90.746B||117.89||72.13||5.30%||54.78%|
|Tupperware Brands Corporation||Buy||(NYSE:TUP)||$62.30||3.863B||65.84||36.12||5.38%||72.48%|
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC): Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with international operations. In the United States, the Company operates in Texas and surrounding states, the Rocky Mountain region, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, Anadarko has exploration and/or production operations in Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
- Clorox Corporation (NYSE:CLX): The Clorox Company produces and markets non-durable consumer products sold primarily through grocery and other retail stores. The Company’s principal products include household cleaning and bleach products, charcoal, cat litter, automotive care products, dressings, and trash bags. Clorox markets its products in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD): Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutics to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. The Company’s primary arees of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver disease and serious cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.
- Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES): Hess Corporation is a global integrated energy company. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The Company operates in countries that include Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Denmark, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Indonesia, Libya, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF): Herbalife Ltd. is a network marketing company that sells weight management, nutritional supplement and personal care products. The Company sells its products globally through a network of independent distributors. Herbalife also sells literature and promotional materials.
- National Grid plc (NYSE:NGG): National Grid PLC owns, operates and develops electricity and gas networks. The Group’s electricity transmission and gas distribution networks are located throughout the United Kingdom and in the north-eastern section of the United States. They also own liquefied natural gas storage facilities in Britain and provide infrastructure services to the mobile telecom industry.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY): Occidental Petroleum Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The Company also manufactures and markets a variety of basic chemicals, vinyls and performance chemicals. Occidental also gathers, treats, processes, transports, stores, trades and markets crude oil, natural gas, NGLs, condensate and carbon dioxide (CO2) and generates and markets power.
- Tupperware Brands Corporation (NYSE:TUP): Tupperware Brands Corporation is a portfolio of global direct selling companies which sell products across multiple brands and categories through an independent sales force. The Company’s product brands and categories include food preparation, storage, and serving solutions for the kitchen and home. Tupperware Brands Corp also sells beauty and personal care products.