EXCLUSIVE: 8 Reasons Zuckerberg Deserves the Facebook Windfall
Everyone who lost money on the Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) IPO, and that’s just about everyone in the public markets, hates Mark Zuckerberg — and now Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) and Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS). So, is “Zuck” a greedy bastard like Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN) CEO Andrew Mason or a deserving entrepreneur like Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) genius founder Steve Jobs?
I caught up with James Altucher to get his interesting perspective on the question…
James Altucher: Here are 8 reasons Mark Zuckerberg is a deserving entrepreneur:
1) The more friends we collectively have, the less wars we will fight;
2) The more virtual goods we trade over country barriers, the more real goods we will trade;
3) The more ads are targeted with accuracy, the more deflation will occur among real goods (since prices hide the costs of marketing);
4) The more money Facebook raised at the IPO, the more Wall Street banks got screwed;
5) The lower commissions Facebook paid (and they paid record lows), the more Wall Street banks got what they deserved;
6) The internet was a mess, then came Usenet to organize information around interests. Then came the web to organize information around hypermedia. Then came Facebook – a cleaned up Internet that allows all interests to interact with all of our friends. Facebook is a mini-internet, not just one website but billions;
7) Zuckerberg donated $100 million to the Newark school system. Maybe a trivial amount for him, but a huge amount for the under-privilged kids of that impoverished area; and,
8) What did Zuckerberg do the day after IPO? Did he party in Vegas? No. He got married to the love of his life.
Super Hot Feature: Facebook CEO: YOU Said Jump, I Said How High >>
Do you agree or disagree with James? Share your reasons in the comments below!