Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Xcel Energy Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Westerlund David A: act as Director. On 08/18/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $23,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Xcel Energy Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,232,500 shares, worth $129,190,425.
- CRAMER ROSENTHAL MCGLYNN LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,073,380 shares, worth $100,571,752.
- RAINIER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,531,690 shares, worth $62,507,426.
- INVESTEC ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,016,534 shares, worth $49,788,224.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 694,525 shares, worth $17,147,822.
About the company: Xcel Energy, Inc. provides electric and natural gas services. The Company offers a variety of energy-related services, including generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity and natural gas throughout the United States. Xcel utilities serve customers in portions of Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Competitors to Watch: Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:TEG), ALLETE, Inc. (NYSE:ALE), Alliant Energy Corporation (NYSE:LNT), PNM Resources, Inc. (NYSE:PNM), Black Hills Corporation (NYSE:BKH), Wisconsin Energy Corp. (NYSE:WEC), MGE Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGEE), El Paso Electric Company (NYSE:EE), CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE:CMS), and Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK).
(Note: Data regarding Xcel Energy Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>