Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Arch Coal’s Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE:ACI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Arch Coal Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Boyd James R: act as Director. On 08/08/2011, bought 15,000 shares, worth $299,600.
- Potter Robert G: act as Director. On 08/19/2011, bought 15,000 shares, worth $261,000.
- Wold Peter I: act as Director. On 08/18/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $90,000.
- Perry A Michael: act as Director. On 08/05/2011, bought 2,340 shares, worth $49,700.
- Lang Paul A: act as Senior VP – Operations. On 09/13/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $19,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Arch Coal Inc. in Q3 2011:
- DEPRINCE RACE & ZOLLO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,113,770 shares, worth $30,586,252.
- NWQ INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,334,004 shares, worth $19,303,038.
- GMT CAPITAL CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 827,100 shares, worth $11,968,137.
- ULYS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 600,000 shares, worth $8,682,000.
- AMERICAN FINANCIAL GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 520,000 shares, worth $7,524,400.
About the company: Arch Coal, Inc. mines, processes, and markets low sulfur coal from surface, underground, and auger mines located in the western United States and in the central Appalachian region. The Company markets its coal primarily to electric utilities.
Competitors to Watch: Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU), CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNX), Patriot Coal Corporation (NYSE:PCX), Massey Energy Company (NYSE:MEE), Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:ANR), Alliance Holdings GP, L.P. (NASDAQ:AHGP), Intl. Coal Group, Inc. (NYSE:ICO), James River Coal Company (NASDAQ:JRCC), Natural Resource Partners LP (NYSE:NRP), and Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ:ARLP).
(Note: Data regarding Arch Coal Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>