Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:HCBK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Hudson City Bancorp, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Fabiano Anthony J: act as Senior Vice President. On 07/25/2011, bought 4,490 shares, worth $37,000.
- Schlesinger Steven M: act as Senior Vice President. On 07/22/2011, bought 3,500 shares, worth $29,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CANNELL PETER B & CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,665,915 shares, worth $14,875,806.
- ARROWSTREET CAPITAL LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,028,709 shares, worth $5,740,196.
- OMERS ADMINISTRATION CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 828,304 shares, worth $4,621,936.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 578,073 shares, worth $3,225,647.
- EATON VANCE MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 506,404 shares, worth $2,825,734.
About the company: Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. is a bank holding company. The Company, through its banking subsidiary, is a federally chartered stock savings bank that offers traditional deposit products, residential real estate mortgage loans and consumer loans. Hudson also purchase mortgages and mortgage-backed securities and other securities issued by U.S. government-sponsored enterprises.
Competitors to Watch: New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE:NYB), Kearny Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:KRNY), OceanFirst Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:OCFC), Ocean Shore Holding Co. (NASDAQ:OSHC), Northwest Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:NWBI), Provident New York Bancorp (NASDAQ:PBNY), Oritani Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:ORIT), Magyar Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGYR), Roma Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:ROMA), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), UBS AG (NYSE:UBS), Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB), and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (NYSE:RBS).
(Note: Data regarding Hudson City Bancorp, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>