Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Shares of Celgene in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Celgene Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Hugin Robert J: act as CEO. On 08/08/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $527,000.
- Mario Ernest: act as Director. On 08/01/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $290,500.
- Mario Ernest: act as Director. On 11/02/2011, bought 2,000 shares, worth $126,000.
- Fouse Jacqualyn A: act as CFO. On 08/01/2011, bought 2,000 shares, worth $118,900.
- Fouse Jacqualyn A: act as CFO. On 11/01/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $63,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Celgene Corporation in Q3 2011:
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,743,779 shares, worth $107,957,358.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,371,400 shares, worth $84,903,374.
- TURNER INVESTMENT PARTNERS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,144,639 shares, worth $70,864,600.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 590,658 shares, worth $36,567,637.
About the company: Celgene Corporation is a global biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies designed to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases.
Competitors to Watch: Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), SuperGen, Inc. (NASDAQ:SUPG), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Genzyme Corporation (NASDAQ:GENZ), Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTIC), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPPI), and Sanofi-Aventis SA (NYSE:SNY).
(Note: Data regarding Celgene Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>