Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Shares of HCP in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of HCP, Inc. (NYSE:HCP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought HCP, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Young Kendall K: act as Executive Vice President. On 08/08/2011, bought 3,300 shares, worth $97,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of HCP, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 647,498 shares, worth $22,422,856.
- DAVIS SELECTED ADVISERS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 638,000 shares, worth $22,093,940.
- GREEN STREET INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 335,900 shares, worth $11,632,217.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 258,875 shares, worth $8,964,841.
- LEGG MASON, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 175,000 shares, worth $6,060,250.
About the company: HCP, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The Trust invests in health care related real estate throughout the United States. HCP’s properties include senior housing, life sciences, medical offices, hospitals, and skilled nursing homes.
Competitors to Watch: LTC Properties, Inc. (NYSE:LTC), Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (NYSE:OHI), National Health Investors Inc (NYSE:NHI), Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE:MPW), Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. (NYSE:HR), Health Care REIT, Inc. (NYSE:HCN), Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH), Universal Health Realty Income Trust (NYSE:UHT), Ventas, Inc. (NYSE:VTR), and Nationwide Health Properties Inc. (NYSE:NHP).
(Note: Data regarding HCP, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>