Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Shares of Headwaters in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Headwaters Inc. (NYSE:HW).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Headwaters Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Benson Kirk A: act as CEO. On 08/19/2011, bought 65,000 shares, worth $120,300.
- Benson Kirk A: act as CEO. On 08/05/2011, bought 45,000 shares, worth $97,200.
- Weller Raymond J: act as Director. On 08/19/2011, bought 50,000 shares, worth $89,000.
- Benson Kirk A: act as CEO. On 11/03/2011, bought 33,518 shares, worth $63,700.
- Benson Kirk A: act as CEO. On 09/14/2011, bought 20,000 shares, worth $35,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Headwaters Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CENTRAL SQUARE MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 677,089 shares, worth $975,008.
- FULLER & THALER ASSET MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 588,000 shares, worth $846,720.
- ARCHER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 375,400 shares, worth $540,576.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 77,072 shares, worth $110,984.
- WENTWORTH HAUSER & VIOLICH: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 77,000 shares, worth $110,880.
About the company: Headwaters Incorporated develops and deploys alternative fuel and related technologies. The Company converts fossil fuels such as coal and heavy oils to alternative energy products while improving energy efficiency and the environment. Headwaters also acquires and expands synergistic new business opportunities.
Competitors to Watch: PGT, Inc. (NASDAQ:PGTI), NCI Building Systems, Inc. (NYSE:NCS), Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOG), Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (NYSE:AWI), Owens Corning (NYSE:OC), Griffon Corporation (NYSE:GFF), Patrick Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:PATK).
(Note: Data regarding Headwaters Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>