Exec Insiders and Funds Cashing Costco Wholesale’s Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Costco Wholesale Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Mckay John D: act as Executive Vice President. On 10/21/2011, sold 37,500 shares, worth $2,275,500.
- Zook Dennis R: act as Executive VP. On 10/26/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $417,100.
- Petterson David S: act as Principal Accounting Officer. On 10/17/2011, sold 1,845 shares, worth $151,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Costco Wholesale Corporation in Q3 2011:
- LOOMIS SAYLES & CO L P: On 06/30/2011, held 186,175 shares, worth $15,033,631. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FIRST EAGLE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 175,000 shares, worth $14,131,250. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 167,800 shares, worth $13,549,850. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MAINSTREAM INVESTMENT ADVISERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 142,195 shares, worth $11,482,246. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TD SECURITIES (NYSE:USA) LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 124,608 shares, worth $10,062,096. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Costco Wholesale Corporation operates wholesale membership warehouses in multiple countries. The Company sells all kinds of food, automotive supplies, toys, hardware, sporting goods, jewelry, electronics, apparel, health and beauty aids, as well as other goods.
Competitors to Watch: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT), Dollar General Corp. (NYSE:DG), BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. (NYSE:BJ), Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE:FDO), Gordmans Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMAN), Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ:DLTR), Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Bed, Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY), Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Fred’s, Inc. (NASDAQ:FRED).
(Note: Data regarding Costco Wholesale Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>