Exec Insiders and Funds Cashing Hess Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Hess Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Scelfo John J: act as Senior Vice President. On 06/30/2011, sold 7,000 shares, worth $521,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Hess Corporation in Q3 2011:
- KINGDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 550,000 shares, worth $41,052,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARATHON ASSET MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 366,000 shares, worth $27,318,240. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PGGM INVESTMENTS: On 06/30/2011, held 347,937 shares, worth $25,970,018. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 258,275 shares, worth $19,277,646. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BLACKTHORN INVESTMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 219,236 shares, worth $16,363,775. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Hess Corporation is a global integrated energy company. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The Company operates in countries that include Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Denmark, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Indonesia, Libya, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), BP plc (NYSE:BP), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Repsol YPF, S.A. (REPYY), Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:OXY), and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (NYSE:SNP).
(Note: Data regarding Hess Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>