Exec Insiders and Funds Cashing Sohu.com’s Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Sohu.com Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Yu Carol: act as CFO. On 09/07/2011, sold 7,500 shares, worth $592,500.
- Wang Xin: act as Chief Marketing Officer. On 09/12/2011, sold 6,250 shares, worth $465,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Sohu.com Inc. in Q3 2011:
- EMPIRE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.L.C.: On 06/30/2011, held 650,000 shares, worth $46,975,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BROOKSIDE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 279,218 shares, worth $20,179,085. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 229,187 shares, worth $16,563,344. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMERGING SOVEREIGN GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 139,300 shares, worth $10,067,211. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CRESTWOOD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 132,680 shares, worth $9,588,784. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Sohu.com Inc. operates an Internet portal in China. The Company’s Web site consists of Chinese language Web navigational and search capabilities, Web-based communications services, and a platform for e-commerce services.
Competitors to Watch: Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU), SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), NetEase.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTES), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), Ku6 Media Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ:KUTV), Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:SNDA), Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU), and Rediff.com India Ltd. (NASDAQ:REDF).
(Note: Data regarding Sohu.com Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>