Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Weingarten Realty Investors (NYSE:WRI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Weingarten Realty Investors’ stock since 06/30/2011:
- Dow Melvin A: act as Director. On 11/02/2011, sold 76,000 shares, worth $1,690,200.
- Cruikshank Robert J: act as Director. On 12/01/2011, sold 2,000 shares, worth $41,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Weingarten Realty Investors in Q3 2011:
- BROOKFIELD INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 2,661,159 shares, worth $65,278,230. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 688,700 shares, worth $16,893,811. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HENDERSON GROUP PLC: On 06/30/2011, held 406,076 shares, worth $9,961,044. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS INVESTMENT PARTNERS S.A.: On 06/30/2011, held 342,507 shares, worth $8,401,697. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 58,750 shares, worth $1,441,138. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Weingarten Realty Investors is a real estate investment trust with income producing properties primarily in the Southwest. The Trust’s properties include shopping centers, office/service centers, apartment projects and office buildings.
Competitors to Watch: One Liberty Properties, Inc. (NYSE:OLP), Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc. (NYSE:UBA), General Growth Properties, Inc (NYSE:GGP), Inland Real Estate Corp. (NYSE:IRC), The Macerich Company (NYSE:MAC), Cedar Shopping Centers Inc (NYSE:CDR), Alexander’s, Inc. (NYSE:ALX), Roberts Realty Investors, Inc. (AMEX:RPI), Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE:EPR), and Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust (NYSE:RPT).
(Note: Data regarding Weingarten Realty Investors’ stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>