Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Corning Inc. (NYSE:GLW).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Corning Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Ruding H Onno: act as Director. On 11/28/2011, sold 24,050 shares, worth $360,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Corning Inc. in Q3 2011:
- WESTWOOD MANAGEMENT CORP /TX: On 06/30/2011, held 3,069,148 shares, worth $55,244,664. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 2,201,000 shares, worth $39,618,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HEALTHCOR GROUP, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,000,000 shares, worth $36,000,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,209,642 shares, worth $21,773,556. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PERELLA WEINBERG PARTNERS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,110,000 shares, worth $19,980,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Corning Incorporated is a global, technology-based company. The Company produces optical fiber, cable, and photonic components for the telecommunications industry, as well as manufactures glass panels, funnels, liquid crystal display glass and projection video lens assemblies for the information display industry.
Competitors to Watch: Owens Corning (NYSE:OC), PPG Industries, Inc. (NYSE:PPG), Research Frontiers, Inc. (NASDAQ:REFR), Newport Corporation (NASDAQ:NEWP), 3M Company (NYSE:MMM), II-VI, Inc. (NASDAQ:IIVI).
(Note: Data regarding Corning Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>