Exec Insiders and Funds Selling Symantec Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Symantec Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Thompson John Wendell: act as Director. On 07/05/2011, sold 70,000 shares, worth $1,380,400.
- Thompson John Wendell: act as Director. On 07/11/2011, sold 38,130 shares, worth $743,900.
- Coleman William T Iii: act as Director. On 10/24/2011, sold 24,000 shares, worth $444,000.
- Trollope Rowan M: act as Group Pres., SMB and .cloud. On 11/15/2011, sold 8,000 shares, worth $135,400.
- Thompson John David: act as Group Pres., IT & Serv. Group. On 07/15/2011, sold 1,055 shares, worth $20,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Symantec Corporation in Q3 2011:
- EDINBURGH PARTNERS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 10,463,278 shares, worth $206,335,842. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SUTTONBROOK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,100,000 shares, worth $21,692,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALKEON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 938,165 shares, worth $18,500,614. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 888,596 shares, worth $17,523,113. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 615,000 shares, worth $12,127,800. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Symantec Corporation provides security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information. The Company offers software and services that protect, manage and control information risks related to security, data protection, storage, compliance and management.
Competitors to Watch: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Websense Inc. (NASDAQ:WBSN), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), CA, Inc. (NASDAQ:CA), VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), Guidance Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:GUID), and Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC).
(Note: Data regarding Symantec Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>