Exec Insiders and Funds Selling TECO Energy’s Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold TECO Energy, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Hudson Sherrill W: act as Exec. Chairman of the Board. On 11/08/2011, sold 30,000 shares, worth $573,300.
- Attal Charles A Iii: act as Sr. VP – General Counsel. On 11/04/2011, sold 3,236 shares, worth $61,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of TECO Energy, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- DANA INVESTMENT ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 532,102 shares, worth $9,806,640. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LESA SROUFE & CO: On 06/30/2011, held 397,109 shares, worth $7,318,719. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LONGBOW CAPITAL PARTNERS, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 339,500 shares, worth $6,256,985. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 304,138 shares, worth $5,605,263. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ZIMMER LUCAS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 300,000 shares, worth $5,529,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: TECO Energy, Inc. is a diversified, energy-related utility holding company. The Company, through various subsidiaries, provides retail electric service to customers in west central Florida, as well as purchases, distributes, and markets natural gas for residential, commercial, industrial, and electric power generation customers. Teco also has coal operations.
Competitors to Watch: The Southern Company (NYSE:SO), SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG), Progress Energy, Inc. (NYSE:PGN), Cleco Corporation (NYSE:CNL), Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK), Northeast Utilities System (NYSE:NU), PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL), NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), ALLETE, Inc. (NYSE:ALE), and Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR).
(Note: Data regarding TECO Energy, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>