Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Johnson James A /dc/: act as Director. On 10/26/2011, sold 6,000 shares, worth $638,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- INSTITUTIONAL CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 3,182,344 shares, worth $420,642,230. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ATALANTA SOSNOFF CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,205,395 shares, worth $159,329,111. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 781,758 shares, worth $103,332,772. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GLOBALBRIDGE, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 704,273 shares, worth $93,090,805. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 674,336 shares, worth $89,133,732. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company, is a global investment banking and securities firm specializing in investment banking, trading and principal investments, asset management and securities services. The Company provides services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals.
Competitors to Watch: Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC), KeyCorp (NYSE:KEY), and American Express Company (NYSE:AXP).
(Note: Data regarding The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>