Executive Insiders Traded these Non S&P 500 Stocks in August
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider transactions for companies that do not belong to the S&P 500 index. Note that the following list excludes all transactions whose market value at the time of the transaction was less than $500,000.
Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYA):
- John P Cole Jr. sold 43,100 shares at $38.66 per share for a total value of $1,666,354 on Aug 12.
About the company: Liberty Global, Inc. owns interests in broadband, distribution, and content companies operating outside the continental United States, principally in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Linn Energy LLC (NASDAQ:LINE):
- Michael C Linn sold 106,649 shares at $39.80 per share for a total value of $4,244,972 on Aug 02.
About the company:Linn Energy LLC is a natural gas exploration and production company.
Luminex Corporation (NASDAQ:LMNX):
- Kevin M McNamara sold 27,500 shares at $22.80 per share for a total value of $626,975 on Aug 17.
About the company:Luminex Corporation has developed, manufactures, and markets a proprietary technology platform that simplifies biological testing for the life sciences industry. The Company’s LabMAP system is designed to simultaneously perform up to 100 bioassays on a single drop of fluid. The Luminex 100 reads biological tests taking place on the surface of microspheres.
Lincare Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:LNCR):
- Stuart H Altman sold 52,678 shares at $21.84 per share for a total value of $1,150,488 on Aug 12.
- Paul G Gabos bought 25,000 shares at $20.22 per share for a total value of $505,500 on Aug 22.
About the company:Lincare Holdings Inc. provides oxygen and other respiratory therapy services to patients in the home. The Company’s patients typically suffer from emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or asthma. The Company serves customers throughout the United States through its operating centers.
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS):
- Michael A Leven sold 150,000 shares at $43.58 per share for a total value of $6,536,268 on Aug 12.
About the company: Las Vegas Sands Corp. owns and operates casino resorts and convention centers. The Company operates in United States, Macau and Singapore. Las Vegas Sand Corp’s casino’s offer a wide range of gaming activities and entertainment as well as overnight accomodations, while its expo centers host a wide range of entertainment shows, expositions, and other activities.
Marchex, Inc. (NASDAQ:MCHX):
- Russel C Horowitz sold 90,000 shares at $9.24 per share for a total value of $831,609 on Aug 05.
About the company: Marchex, Inc. provides Internet advertising services. The Company offers pay-per-click advertising and related services, call-based advertising and related services, and proprietary traffic sources. Marchex also offers a suite of marketing products to resellers. The Company serves business customers of all sizes.
MEDNAX, Inc. (NYSE:MD):
- Cesar L Alvaerz sold 30,000 shares at $65.25 per share for a total value of $1,957,611 on Aug 17.
- Michael Fernandez bought 50,000 shares at $65.53 per share for a total value of $3,276,460 on Aug 04.
About the company:MEDNAX, Inc., through a subsidiary, provides physician management services to hospital-based neonatal, maternal – fetal, pediatric cardiology, and pediatric intensive care specialties. The Company also manages anesthesia practices.
MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM):
- Tracinda Corp sold 20,000,000 shares at $10.74 per share for a total value of $214,874,000 on Aug 17.
About the company: MGM Resorts International operates gaming, hospitality and entertainment resorts. The Company owns properties in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan in the United States; and owns interests in properties in Nevada and Illinois in the United States, and Macau. MGM Resorts also offers hospitality management services for casino and non-casino properties around the world.
Mueller Industries, Inc. (NYSE:MLI):
- James H Rourke sold 98,000 shares at $40.52 per share for a total value of $3,970,551 on Aug 16.
About the company: Mueller Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells brass, copper, plastic and aluminum products. The Company’s products include copper tube and fittings, brass and copper alloy rods and bars, aluminum and brass forgings, aluminum and copper impact extrusions, plastic fittings and valves, refrigeration valves and fittings, and fabricated tubular products.
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. (NYSE:MLM):
- SPO Advisory Corp sold 372,000 shares at $70.32 per share for a total value of $26,159,040 on Aug 03.
- SPO Advisory Corp sold 87,000 shares at $70.33 per share for a total value of $6,118,710 on Aug 04.
- SPO Advisory Corp sold 213,200 shares at $68.12 per share for a total value of $14,523,184 on Aug 05.
About the company:Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. produces aggregates for the construction industry, including highways, infrastructure, commercial, and residential. The Company also manufactures and markets magnesia-based products, including heat-resistant refractory products for the steel industry, chemical products for industrial and environmental uses, and dolomitic lime.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>