Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider transactions for companies that do not belong to the S&P 500 index. Note that the following list excludes all transactions whose market value at the time of the transaction was less than $500,000.
Gerber Scientific, Inc. (NYSE:GRB):
- Michael R Elia sold 51,321 shares at $11.00 per share for a total value of $564,531 on Aug 18.
- Marc T. Giles sold 131,196 shares at $11.00 per share for a total value of $1,443,156 on Aug 18.
About the company: Gerber Scientific, Inc. is an international supplier of automated manufacturing systems. The Company’s computer-based systems, equipment, software, and aftermarket supplies are used by a variety of industries, including apparel, sign making, commercial printing, electronics, optical, aerospace, and automotive.
GrefTech International, Inc. (NYSE:GTI):
- Michael C Nahl sold 30,000 shares at $18.66 per share for a total value of $559,800 on Aug 01.
About the company: GrafTech International Ltd. manufactures and provides natural and synthetic graphite and carbon based products and services. The Company offers energy solutions to customers worldwide involved in the manufacture of steel, aluminum, silicon metal, automotive products, and electronics. GrafTech’s products include graphite electrodes, carbon electrodes, and flexible graphite.
Hansen Natural Corporation (NASDAQ:HANS):
- Thomas J Kelly sold 9,600 shares at $84.83 per share for a total value of $814,368 on Aug 23.
- Rodney C Sacks sold 36,012 shares at $84.41 per share for a total value of $3,039,773 on Aug 23.
- Rodney C Sacks sold 97,000 shares at $85.12 per share for a total value of $8,256,330 on Aug 24.
- Hilton H Schlosberg sold 36,012 shares at $84.41 per share for a total value of $3,039,773 on Aug 23.
- Hilton H Schlosberg sold 62,000 shares at $85.16 per share for a total value of $5,279,920 on Aug 24.
About the company: Hansen Natural Corporation markets and distributes fruit juices, fruit juice Smoothies, juice cocktails, iced teas, lemonades, energy drinks, and still water. The Company distributes its beverages under the Hansen’s Natural brand name in the United States and overseas.
Petrohawk Energy Corporation (NYSE:HK):
- BHP Billiton Ltd bought 43,738,426 shares at $38.75 per share for a total value of $1,694,864,008 on Aug 25.
About the company: Petrohawk Energy Corporation is an oil and gas company. The Company participates in the exploration and production of natural gas and crude oil. Petrohawk’s operations are currently focused in proven oil and gas producing trends primarily in South Texas, Louisiana, and Central California.
Herbalife, Ltd. (NYSE:HLF):
- Michael Johnson sold 175,998 shares at $54.58 per share for a total value of $9,605,971 on Aug 01.
About the company: Herbalife Ltd. is a network marketing company that sells weight management, nutritional supplement and personal care products. The Company sells its products globally through a network of independent distributors. Herbalife also sells literature and promotional materials.
Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (NYSE:HLX):
- Owen E Kratz bought 67,465 shares at $14.34 per share for a total value of $967,285 on Aug 10.
About the company: Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc. is a marine contractor and operator of offshore oil and gas properties and production facilities. The Company seeks to align the interests of the producer and contractor by investing in mature offshore oil and gas properties, hub production facilities, and undeveloped reserve plays.
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY):
- Robert H B Baldwin Jr. sold 32,500 shares at $20.32 per share for a total value of $660,241 on Aug 17.
- Robert H Niehaus sold 38,385 shares at $19.78 per share for a total value of $759,391 on Aug 10.
About the company: Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. provides bank card-based payment processing services to small-and medium-sized merchants in the United States.
Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC):
- Donald J Kabat sold 14,011 shares at $63.20 per share for a total value of $885,533 on Aug 24.
About the company: Henry Schein, Inc. distributes healthcare products and services, including practice management software, to office-based healthcare practitioners. The Company has operations in North America and other countries. Henry Schein’s operations include direct marketing, telesales, and field sales.
Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN):
- Jon M Huntsman bought 200,000 shares at $11.48 per share for a total value of $2,295,800 on Aug 08.
- Peter R Huntsman bought 100,000 shares at $11.37 per share for a total value of $1,137,270 on Aug 08.
About the company: Huntsman Corporation manufactures differentiated and commodity chemical products. The Company markets a broad range of chemical products and formulations to a diversified group of consumer and industrial customers. Huntsman’s products are used in a range of applications, including those in adhesives, aerospace, automotive, construction products, and consumer products.
Iconix Brand Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ICON):
- Neil Cole sold 87,500 shares at $23.18 per share for a total value of $2,028,171 on Aug 01.
- Neil Cole sold 87,500 shares at $22.14 per share for a total value of $1,937,627 on Aug 02.
About the company: Iconix Brand Group, Inc. manages brands. The Company licenses its brand names to retailers and manufacturers throughout the world.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>