Expedia: Financial Institutions Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Expedia Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought Expedia Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Expedia Inc. in Q3 2011:
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,645,769 shares, worth $42,279,806.
- SENATOR INVESTMENT GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,100,000 shares, worth $28,259,000.
- COLUMBUS CIRCLE INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 902,720 shares, worth $23,190,877.
- ORIGIN ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 511,790 shares, worth $13,147,885.
- NUMERIC INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 416,200 shares, worth $10,692,178.
About the company: Expedia, Inc. provides branded online travel services for leisure and small business travelers. The Company offers a wide range of travel shopping and reservation services, providing real-time access to schedule, pricing and availability information for airlines, hotels, and car rental companies.
Competitors to Watch: Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:OWW), Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ:TZOO), priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ:PCLN), MakeMyTrip Limited (NASDAQ:MMYT), Ctrip.com Intl., Ltd. (NASDAQ:CTRP), eLong, Inc. (NASDAQ:LONG).
(Note: Data regarding Expedia Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>