Expeditors International of Washington: Funds Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Expeditors International of Washington Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPD).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Expeditors International of Washington Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SELECT EQUITY GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,411,166 shares, worth $97,169,990.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,076,298 shares, worth $43,374,809.
- MAR VISTA INVESTMENT PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,034,505 shares, worth $41,690,552.
- CADENCE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 691,180 shares, worth $27,854,554.
- MERCHANTS’ GATE CAPITAL LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 648,200 shares, worth $26,122,460.
About the company: Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. is a global logistics company. The Company provides air and ocean freight forwarding, vendor consolidation, customs clearance, marine insurance, distribution, and other international logistics services.
Competitors to Watch: UTi Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:UTIW), C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHRW), UTi Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:UTIW), Expeditors Intl. of Washington (NASDAQ:EXPD), Pacer International, Inc. (NASDAQ:PACR), Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:HUBG), Roadrunner Transportation Services Hold. (NYSE:RRTS), Echo Global Logistics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECHO), Vitran Corp., Inc. (NASDAQ:VTNC), FedEx (NYSE:FDX), United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS), and J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBHT).
(Note: Data regarding Expeditors International of Washington Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>