Expeditors International of Washington: Insider and Fund Stock Sales in Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Expeditors International of Washington Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPD).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Expeditors International of Washington Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Tangeman Amy Jo: act as VP,General Counsel & Secretary. On 08/12/2011, sold 2,001 shares, worth $90,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Expeditors International of Washington Inc. in Q3 2011:
- GIOVINE CAPITAL GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 300,000 shares, worth $15,264,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OMERS ADMINISTRATION CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 248,780 shares, worth $12,657,926. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PGGM INVESTMENTS: On 06/30/2011, held 227,688 shares, worth $11,584,765. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 207,500 shares, worth $10,557,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 186,000 shares, worth $9,463,680. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. is a global logistics company. The Company provides air and ocean freight forwarding, vendor consolidation, customs clearance, marine insurance, distribution, and other international logistics services.
Competitors to Watch: UTi Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:UTIW), C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHRW), UTi Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:UTIW), Expeditors Intl. of Washington (NASDAQ:EXPD), Pacer International, Inc. (NASDAQ:PACR), Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:HUBG), Roadrunner Transportation Services Hold. (NYSE:RRTS), Echo Global Logistics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECHO), Vitran Corp., Inc. (NASDAQ:VTNC), FedEx (NYSE:FDX), United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS), and J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBHT).
(Note: Data regarding Expeditors International of Washington Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
To contact the reporter on this story: Dave Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Damien Hoffman at email@example.com