Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE:XOM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Exxon Mobil Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Swiger Andrew P: act as Senior Vice President. On 09/15/2011, sold 30,825 shares, worth $2,275,800.
- Pryor Stephen D: act as Vice President. On 10/28/2011, sold 24,000 shares, worth $1,936,600.
- Pryor Stephen D: act as Vice President. On 09/16/2011, sold 24,557 shares, worth $1,817,200.
- Walters Thomas R: act as Vice President. On 09/16/2011, sold 23,307 shares, worth $1,718,400.
- Albers Mark W: act as Senior Vice President. On 10/31/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $1,600,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 3,500,000 shares, worth $281,295,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,792,391 shares, worth $224,424,465. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 2,013,877 shares, worth $161,855,294. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,760,277 shares, worth $141,473,462. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TD SECURITIES (USA) LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,408,494 shares, worth $113,200,663. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Exxon Mobil Corporation operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses on a worldwide basis. The Company’s operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), BP plc (NYSE:BP), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE:SU) and Petroleo Brasileiro SA (NYSE:PBR).
(Note: Data regarding Exxon Mobil Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>