Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE:FII).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Federated Investors, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- FIRST PACIFIC ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,504,400 shares, worth $26,056,208.
- LOS ANGELES CAPITAL MANAGEMENT & EQUITY RESEARCH INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 299,262 shares, worth $5,183,218.
- COVE STREET CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 189,390 shares, worth $3,280,235.
- OLD MUTUAL ASSET MANAGERS UK LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 120,282 shares, worth $2,083,284.
- JENNISON ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 98,357 shares, worth $1,703,543.
About the company: Federated Investors, Inc. provides investment management products and related financial services. The Company sponsors, markets and provides investment-related services to various investment products, including mutual funds and Separate Accounts (which include separately managed accounts, institutional accounts, sub-advised funds and other managed products).
Competitors to Watch: Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE:BEN), Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR), T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW), Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. (NYSE:AMG), SEI Investments Company (NASDAQ:SEIC), Eaton Vance Corp. (NYSE:EV), Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE:JNS), U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ:GROW), Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS), BlackRock (NYSE:BLK), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) and Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS).
(Note: Data regarding Federated Investors, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>