Federated Investors: Insiders and Funds Cashing Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE:FII).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Federated Investors, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Donahue John F: act as Chairman. On 06/30/2011, sold 208,797 shares, worth $4,998,600.
- Mcauley Denis Iii: act as Principal Accounting Officer. On 07/19/2011, sold 4,725 shares, worth $104,400.
- Fisher John B: act as President and CEO, FIMCO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/02/2011, sold 1,486 shares, worth $27,900.
- Territ Thomas E: act as Vice President. On 11/02/2011, sold 1,236 shares, worth $23,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Federated Investors, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ALLIANZ GLOBAL INVESTORS OF AMERICA L P: On 06/30/2011, held 4,117,065 shares, worth $95,845,273. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DUDLEY & SHANLEY, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 588,000 shares, worth $13,688,640. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SUNTRUST BANKS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 400,502 shares, worth $9,323,687. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- REINHART MAHONEY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 323,915 shares, worth $7,540,741. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CUBIC ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 206,550 shares, worth $4,808,484. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Federated Investors, Inc. provides investment management products and related financial services. The Company sponsors, markets and provides investment-related services to various investment products, including mutual funds and Separate Accounts (which include separately managed accounts, institutional accounts, sub-advised funds and other managed products).
Competitors to Watch: Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE:BEN), Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR), T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW), Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. (NYSE:AMG), SEI Investments Company (NASDAQ:SEIC), Eaton Vance Corp. (NYSE:EV), Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE:JNS), U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ:GROW), Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS), BlackRock (NYSE:BLK), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) and Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS).
(Note: Data regarding Federated Investors, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>