Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ:FITB).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Fifth Third Bancorp’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Schiff John J Jr: act as Director. On 11/23/2011, bought 12,000 shares, worth $133,600.
- Kabat Kevin T: act as President & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 08/12/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $95,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Fifth Third Bancorp in Q3 2011:
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,049,443 shares, worth $61,099,374.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,193,945 shares, worth $42,358,845.
- SEIZERT CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,908,283 shares, worth $29,373,658.
- MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,972,830 shares, worth $19,925,583.
- RIVER & MERCANTILE ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,814,940 shares, worth $18,330,894.
About the company: Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company that operates banking centers in the Midwestern and Southeastern regions of the United States. The Company’s principal businesses include retail banking, commercial banking, investment advisory, and data processing.
Competitors to Watch: Huntington Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ:HBAN), FirstMerit Corporation (NASDAQ:FMER), Dearborn Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:DEAR), Marshall & Ilsley Corp. (NYSE:MI), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Citigroup (NYSE:C), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), and PrivateBancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:PVTB).
(Note: Data regarding Fifth Third Bancorp’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>