Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ:FITB).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have sold Fifth Third Bancorp’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Fifth Third Bancorp in Q3 2011:
- OZ MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 7,706,028 shares, worth $97,481,254. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AMERICAN CENTURY COMPANIES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,136,135 shares, worth $52,322,108. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 3,950,967 shares, worth $49,979,733. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- APPALOOSA MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,106,826 shares, worth $39,301,349. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HUNTER GLOBAL INVESTORS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 1,854,500 shares, worth $23,459,425. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company that operates banking centers in the Midwestern and Southeastern regions of the United States. The Company’s principal businesses include retail banking, commercial banking, investment advisory, and data processing.
Competitors to Watch: Huntington Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ:HBAN), FirstMerit Corporation (NASDAQ:FMER), Dearborn Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:DEAR), Marshall & Ilsley Corp. (NYSE:MI), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Citigroup (NYSE:C), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), and PrivateBancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:PVTB).
(Note: Data regarding Fifth Third Bancorp’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>